By: Maralee McKee, Manners Mentor
A weekly roundup of posts and links from the web that I’ve curated for your perusal. I pray you enjoy reading them as much as I did gathering them!
- As reported in Business Insider magazine, a five-year study was conducted on the habits of wealthy business people. It revealed something they had in common. There were three areas of etiquette that those who had become successful and rich never shirked.
- In the 1960’s, NYC subway riders had their very own manners mentor! She was a cat. A very polite cat. A cat named “Etti-cat.” I think you’ll love meeting her!
- We all turn to Google to search for answers to all sorts of questions. However, with any of these 30 little-known Google search tricks, you can find out a whole lot more than you’d think. For instance, you can narrow items you’re web-shopping for down to a certain price range. Or you can type your child’s math homework problem into the search bar, and Google will solve it for you. This is great if you’re anything like I am, and sixth-grade math and above boggles your brain. (Tip: Scan to the bottom of the post and there’s a handy dandy infographic of the tips!)
- If someone before your very eyes has an “undignified” accident, what can you do to help lessen the person’s embarrassment and restore dignity? Especially when your instinct is to back away? In some cases that instinct is correct. The etiquette of the situation often is to pretend it never happened to save the person further embarrassment. Here, the wonderful Michele Cushatt beautifully shares the importance of the defense of dignity.
- Do you have books on shelves and in nooks and crannies of your home that you’ve read and enjoyed, but now their only purpose is to gather dust? What if you could sell them, knowing that you were getting the highest amount possible and that the seller would pay for you to ship the book(s)? This free website is the intermediary between book owner and bookseller. Textbooks are featured on the site; however, most fiction and non-fiction books are accepted.
Favorite Instagram of The Week
Most Recent Blog Posts
Blessings on your week,