By: Maralee McKee, Manners Mentor
Happy New Year! In this first edition for 2017, you’ll find a mix of timely, intriguing, and fun posts and articles. As always, they’re links I love and hope you will too! There’s a lovely, artful, free printable below about kindness. Please check it out, and most of all — enjoy!
- Have you, like me, ever been in a situation where everyone else is drinking and you don’t want to order an alcoholic beverage? Have you also ever noticed that others almost seem compelled to “force” you to join them? Miss Manners, Judith Martin, comes to our rescue with the perfect thing to say and do. It’s what I’ve done for years, and it’s worked every time.
- Here from Inc.com are 17 habits to get rid of so we can be more successful in life in 2017! I personally have more than 17 habits to drop! However, these will make an excellent start. 🙂
- January 1 is the busiest day for asking people out, for going on first dates, and for signing up for dating apps. That was news to me, although, thinking back, I did meet my husband Kent at a New Year’s Day party! If you’re looking for love in 2017, this week you’ll have more people looking at your profile than any other. It might be the perfect time to take the plunge into the dating waters.
- “Ladies and Gentlemen, may I introduce to you Greenery, the color of the year!” We should all get acquainted because we’ll be seeing quite a lot of it this year popping up on everything from throw pillows to blouses. And, if the New Year has brought with it an urge for you to do a little redecorating, here from The Wall Street Journal are the top 5 interior design trends for 2017.
- I first heard about Shannon of SwtBlessings on my dear friend Christy Jordan’s mega-popular and wonderful food blog, Southern Plate. Christy shares Shannon’s monthly scripture-writing plans with the readers of her blog. While looking for a plan on SwtBlessings, I came across this amazing printable about kindness that Shannon created. A photo of it is below, and you can print out your own full-size copy by clicking here.
From the Blog