By: Maralee McKee, Manners Mentor
Here’s our weekly Sunday collection of links to love from around the web. Enjoy!!!
- Pinterest is up to something big that is going to make finding what we want or need in our daily life a whole lot easier! They’re rolling out a new Visual Discovery Tool for use on smartphones. The post explains it well. Please peruse it because this tool really is awesome in the true sense of the word! In a nutshell, you’ll be able to hold your phone up to any item, and Pinterest will pull up pins that compliment or complete the item. For instance, if you’re grocery shopping and hold your smartphone camera lens up to an acorn squash, recipes for it will pop up for you. Better still, you know that blouse in your closet that you haven’t been able to find anything to wear with? Point your lens, and up will come similar blouses (or the identical one if someone else has pinned it) with recommendations about what to wear with it and even links to buy those items. The uses are endless, and it’s going to make finding practical, functional things easier for everything from decorating our homes to knowing whether a particular plant is hard to care for before we buy it!
- A school plea on a poster for parents to please teach their children manners at home goes viral. I couldn’t agree more! What do you think?
- E-readers and tablets are becoming more and more popular. But do our brains have a preference for reading on paper over screens? And does reading on one or the other offer any advantages when it comes to learning and retaining what we read? Scientific American thinks so, and they share what they know in this post: “The Science of Paper Versus Screens.”
- A fun personality test from SavingPlaces.org. Find out what the type of architecture you’re most drawn to says about you. The quiz pegged me exactly!
- Speaking of architecture, there are over two million homes for sale in the US. Of those, only about 200 of them have earned a spot on The National Register of Historic Places. If you’ve ever dreamed of living in a home with a story of its own to tell, here are seven beautiful dream homes for sale.
Favorite Instagram Of The Week
From the Blog
Blessings on your week,